... To be honest, it doesn't remind me of anything I've tried before. Its taste is quite new to me: a pleasant sweetness mixed with some kind of savoury note that melts in your mouth... But the aroma is too familiar - tuna definitely prevails! :)
The thing that attracted me to this dish is the fact that all of the ingredients are very common and quite cheap, so, it's very affordable.
And these are the ingredients you'll need to make 4 servings:
- 200 g dried macaroni
- 350 g tuna chunks
- 150 g peas
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 50 g cream of mushroom dried soup
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 150 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- some yellow cheese (optional)
- to taste salt and pepper
- Bring some water to boiling and add salt. Add macaroni and cook them until half done. Drain and set aside.
I used two kinds of pasta to make the dish even more playful, but any type of macaroni is suitable.
2. Slice the carrots and cook them altogether with the peas. Drain and set aside.
3. Combine dried cream of mushroom with 300 ml of lukewarm water. You can use the vegetable cooking water if you wish. Do not cook. If you can't find dried cream, canned cream mushroom soup will do just fine.
5. Now, it's time to combine all those ingredients. Mix together the macaroni, cooked vegetables, drained tuna chunks, mushroom soup and milk. Add some more salt if necessary, and some pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture into a deep baking pan and bake into a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes, until all the liquid vapors.
6. A few minutes before the end, top with grated or sliced cheese and bake for a couple more minutes, until cheese melts.
Enjoy and bon appétit!