This time I added some meat as well, though it wasn't my original intention, and it added a totally new dimension to the meal, but you can omit the meat if you want and make the original, vegan version.
And this is what you'll need:
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled)
- 700 g tomatoes
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 100-200 g salami or other deli meat (optional)
Note: In the photos shown, I used half the dose.
- Cut potatoes into irregular, bite-sized pieces and put them into deep baking pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with oil and toss. Bake into a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are almost done.
- Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes. Cut them into half and then slice them. Do not remove the seeds.
If using deli meat, slice it or dice it, as you prefer.
- Once you take the potatoes out from the oven, top with deli meat and cover with tomato slices. Do not toss or mix! Sprinkle the tomatoes with thyme and some salt.
4. Put the pan back in the oven at the same temperature for approx. 25-30 minutes, or until the liquid that tomatoes released has almost completely evaporated.
Serve warm, with some fresh salad or topped with grated/crushed white cheese.