I call her Strawberry..." :)
These are lyrics from a totally non-sense, but yet so catchy song that always comes to my mind when I hear the word "strawberry"... :) That's why this cake is even wrote down into my cook book under this name... :)
But the name is not so important right now (at least in this case :) ). What does matter is that in this post I'm going to show you how to prepare this fabulous strawberry-coconut cake...
Before I share the recipe with you, I must say that I don't really like fruit cakes (vanilla-nuts fun here! :) ), but this one definitely blew my mind!
So, if you share the opinion that strawberry and coconut love each other, prepare the following ingredients... :)
for the 1st layer:
for the 2nd layer:
for the 3rd layer:
Before you start with the cooking, I must mention that you should make the layers in the order given above as each layer has to stand in the fridge for a while before the next one is added.
So, this is how you should do it:
- Heat 100 ml whipping cream, but do not let it boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Mix until fully melted and combined.
- Beat cream cheese, coconut milk and coconut extract, then add the lukewarm chocolate mixture. Combine.
- Whip the remaining 100 ml whipping cream and add it to the cheese mixture. Combine using a hand mixer on its lowest speed. Spread the filling over the first layer and put it back in the fridge while preparing layer 3.
- Here again you can use regular milk.
- Heat 100 ml whipping cream and melt chocolate in it (as in layer 2).
- Mix cream cheese and mashed strawberries, and add the chocolate.
- Whip the remaining 100 ml whipping cream and add it to the strawberry mixture. Spread over layer 2 and leave it into the fridge for at least 8 hours. Then remove pan sides and decorate the cake as you wish. I used some whipped cream and grated dark chocolate.
Enjoy and bon appétit!