I first tasted this meal in a nearby restaurant and I liked it a lot, so after doing some research I caught on the recipe... And here it is!
- 250 g dried macaroni
- 100 g chicken breast
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 300 ml cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- Dice the meat or cut it into strips. Mince the garlic. Roughly chop the spinach.
- Bring some water to boiling and add some salt. Cook the macaroni al dente. Drain well and set aside until further use.
- Meanwhile, start preparing the sauce. Heat the oil in a deep pan and add chicken. Cook for a few minutes until it gets a lightly browned crust. Take it out using a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Now, add garlic in the same pan where you fried the meat and cook for a 20-30 seconds, until garlic releases its distinctive aroma. Add spinach and 200 ml water and let it simmer over low heat until all the liquid vapors. Then, add the meat back into the pan, spice with basil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir so that the ingredients combine well and pour in the cooking cream. Once it comes to a boil, add cooked and drained macaroni, stir carefully so that they become evenly covered with the sauce and simmer for an additional minute or two.
Note that macaroni will absorb any liquid after awhile, so if you need to eat them later, add some more cooking cream (approx. 2-3 tablespoons per serving), mix, and reheat it for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
Enjoy and bon appétit!