- bread slices (approx. 1 cm thick)
- spinach, chopped (preferably fresh)
- tomato sauce or ketchup
- white cheese
- dried basil
This recipe is labeled "gluten-free", but please pay attention to the choice of bread.
- Brush each bread slice with some oil and sprinkle with some basil. Then drizzle with some tomato sauce, but don't put too much - this is not a pizza, after all. :)
- Top with chopped spinach and sprinkle with some salt to taste. I would suggest that you use fresh spinach rather than frozen, as you don't need it to be too moist. If you, however, decide to use frozen one, make sure it's completely defrosted and well-drained before further use.
- Sprinkle with crumbled or grated cheese and finish with a few drops of oil.
I used feta cheese, but any soft or semi-hard white cheese will do.
4. Bake into preheated oven at 250°C for 5-6 minutes, or until the edges of the bread become brown.
Enjoy and bon appétit!