- lasagna pasta sheets (enough to make 3 layers)
- 200 g mushrooms
- 300 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 600 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 100 g black olives
- 200 g cottage cheese or crushed feta
- 250 g yellow cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
- Prepare the ingredients: slice mushrooms and olives. Finely chop the onion. Grate the carrot. Peel and finely chop tomatoes. Blanch spinach if using fresh one, drain and chop it. Slice or grate the yellow cheese.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions, if necessary. The one I used doesn't need to be cooked.
- Pour oil into a pan and add onions. Cook over medium heat until soft and tender. Add mushrooms and carrots and continue cooking until all the liquid from the mushrooms vapors. Then, stir in olives, tomatoes and oregano, reduce the fire to low and simmer until the liquid reduces to half and the sauce thickens. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Now, grease well the baking pan and start assembling the lasagna in this order:
Take lasagna out from the oven at let it stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Serve plain or with your favorite topping. Mayo is the mine ;)
Enjoy and bon appétit!