And these are the ingredients you'll need to prepare approx. 20 "regular-sized" muffins:
- Beat egg with salt until light, using a hand mixer.
- Add the liquid ingredients: oil, yogurt and water. Mix.
- Combine flour, cornmeal and baking powder in a separate bowl and gradually add it to the egg mixture while mixing on the lowest speed.
- When you have stirred in all the flour mixture, add sour cream and mix again until fully combined. You will get a thick and sticky, but yet pourable blend.
- Lightly grease the baking pan and pour in the batter. If you're using silicone molds, there is no need for greasing.
If you're going to serve this cornbread for breakfast or as a light dinner, you can add some crushed white cheese along with the sour cream. In that case, you may need to reduce salt quantity, so be careful!
I personally, like it the most without cheese and served with some drinkable yogurt, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter! :)
Whichever way of serving you choose, enjoy and bon appétit!