So, let's begin with the ingredients you need:
- 4 large or 8 small potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 300 g white cheese (preferably cottage or similar)
- 2 pickled cucumbers
- 8 teaspoons butter
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 full tablespoons ajvar
- 2-3 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- to taste salt and parsley
- Bring some water to boiling and cook the potatoes with the skin on. Be careful not to overcook them as they'll fall apart later. Drain.
If you prefer the taste of roasted potatoes rather than the one of cooked, you can roast the potatoes in oven, also with the skin on. Either way you choose, it will taste perfect.
2. Meanwhile, you can prepare the pepper spread if you're not using ajvar. Roast the peppers on the stove, on a grill or in the oven. Peel them and remove the seeds. Put the peppers into a food processor along with oil and vinegar. Add some salt and parsley to taste (you can skip the parsley if you want) and process until the mixture is mostly smooth with some small chunks. Reserve.
If you're using ajvar, just skip to step 3. :)
4. Beat the eggs using a whisk or a fork. Add crumbled cheese, ajvar (or same quantity of the pepper spread you made in step 2), grated pickled cucumbers and grated potato flesh. Add some salt and pepper to taste, but be careful with the salt, as cheese and pepper spread are already salted. Combine.
Serve with yogurt or sour cream.