As for the shape, you can do it in any of the two ways described in the apple pie recipe.
You'll need the following ingredients to make 1 roulade/6 triangles:
- 3 filo pastry sheets
- 3 tablespoons plum jam OR 10 plums
- 3 tablespoons walnuts (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 tablespoons sparkling water
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- to taste sugar
- Prepare the filling if using fresh plums. Remove the seeds and mince the plums. You can use a blender to get a smooth mash or chop them finely.
- Then, prepare the glaze: combine oil, water and baking powder.
- Put the first two filo sheets on the top of each other and brush them with the glaze. Put the third sheet on the top and spread the plum jam or mashed plums. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and with some sugar to taste (depending on how sweet the plums are and how sweet you like the pie). I used 1 tablespoon per roulade.
4. Make a tight roulade and put it in a baking pan covered with parchment paper. Brush the top of the roulade with the glaze as well and bake into preheated oven at 200°C until crispy and golden brown.
It's the best when served warm. You can decorate it and sweeten it additionally by sprinkling it with some powdered sugar.
Enjoy and bon appétit!