Because of the similar color they have, peaches and almonds cannot be noticed inside right away, but once you take the first bite, you will know it's the juicy peach and crunchy almonds that make those muffins wonderful!
You can use fresh or canned peaches for this recipe, which means you can make it throughout the whole year.
And you will need the following ingredients to make nearly 20 medium muffins:
- Beat eggs and sugar until sugar fully melts and mixture triples its volume.
- Stir in yogurt and oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Then, stir them into the mixture with eggs.
- At the end, fold in almonds and diced peaches. I used canned ones this time.
Divide the mixture between the molds, filling them almost to the top.
As you can see from the photos below, I used molds in different shapes and sizes, so eventually I got 19 muffins. Of course, you can use any cake pan instead of muffin molds.
6. Bake into a preheated oven at 200°C for approx. 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let the muffins cool for a minute or two, then take them out from the molds (as soon as you can handle them, actually). Let them cool completely, then serve.
Store them at room temperature, sealed in a plastic box or wrapped in a plastic bag to prevent from drying. They can last and stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
Enjoy and bon appétit!