Here's what you'll need to make 4 servings:
- Bring some water to boiling, add 1 teaspoon of salt and add washed rice. Cook until soft and tender. Drain well and set aside.
2. Cut chicken into 3-4 cm long strips. Spice it with some salt and pepper to taste and stir in the flour. Make sure all pieces of meat are covered with flour.
3. Put oil and butter into a deep pan and heat it over medium fire. Add chicken and fry it, stirring often, until it gets a thin, brownish crust. Then add 200 ml of water, reduce the fire to low and let it cook until all the liquid vapors.
4. Combine orange juice, honey and soy sauce and pour it into the chicken. Also, add ginger powder and stir. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens and reduces to half.
5. Meanwhile, peel the orange and chop the flesh. Once the sauce is done, add chopped orange, stir and remove from fire.
Put some cooked rice on a plate and top with the chicken and some sauce. Serve warm.
In my opinion, this is a complete dish and you won't need any salad or other side dish with it.
Enjoy and bon appétit!