This time I used them in a dessert and here's the recipe. It's one of the many carrot cakes I have in my recipe book - and it's called Orange Carrot Cake for two simple reasons: it's orange and it contains orange juice. :)
And those are the ingredients needed to prepare this Orange Carrot Cake:
- Peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Beat egg and sugar using a hand mixer just until combined. Sugar doesn't have to be fully melted.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix. Then add carrots and combine.
- Combine flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder and add it to the carrot mixture. Mix until homogenized. You'll get a quite liquid mixture with astonishing orange color.
6. Let it cool completely, cut into pieces at your convenience and sprinkle with some powdered sugar and cinnamon.