I was thinking of posting both recipes here, but I decided eventually to post the minced meat version only and leave the original one for some other time, as following both preparation directions can be a bit confusing.
So, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 500 g minced pork
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 50 ml cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce or ketchup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley OR 2 tablespoons fresh
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- to taste salt and pepper
- Finely chop onions. Slice the carrots. Peel the eggplant and cut it into small dices. Dice the bell pepper as well.
- Put oil into a deep pan and heat it over medium fire. Add onions and cook stirring often, until they become soft and translucent. Add carrots and peppers and continue cooking until vegetables are half done. Then add eggplant and meat. Spice with some salt and pepper and cook stirring often, until meat loses its pink color.
3. Once the meat is fully done, stir in the cooking cream and tomato sauce. Also add parsley and pepper flakes. Toss and simmer for 2-3 more minutes, so that the dish becomes thick and creamy. Add some more salt and pepper if necessary, stir and remove from fire.
As I mentioned in the introduction part, you can also use it as tortilla and lasagna filling.