p.s. I'm sorry for the poor quality photo...
- 250 g dried macaroni
- 150 g ham (grated)
- 150 g meltable yellow cheese (grated)
- 150 g canned button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 egg
- 200 g sour cream
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 50 g butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
Note: the ingredients listed are enough to fill a 10x30cm bread loaf pan.
- Bring some water to boiling, add some salt and macaroni. Cook them al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the "filling" for the cake. Combine ham, mushrooms,100 g of yellow cheese and 150 g of sour cream. Add some salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Prepare a béchamel sauce: melt the butter into a small pot over low fire and add flour. Cook stirring often until it starts getting a light brownish color. Pour in milk and stir to break any possible lump. Cook for a minute or two, until it starts thickening. Remove from fire, add oregano and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cooked and drained macaroni with 3/4 of the béchamel. This mixture will play the cake sheet.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add the remaining 1/4 of the béchamel, the remaining sour cream and grated yellow cheese. Add some salt and pepper if necessary.
- Now, it's time to assemble the cake. Lightly grease the baking pan and pour half of the macaroni mix. Flatten it and cover with the filling mixture. Then put the rest of the macaroni, flatten and top evenly with the egg mixture.
- Bake into a preheated oven at 200°C until golden brown.