- 500 g chicken breast
- 150 g bacon, pancetta or salami
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 4 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bell pepper OR 2 wax peppers
- 1 small zucchini
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
- First, prepare all of the ingredients: dice chicken and bacon. Mince the garlic. Cut onion into half, and then slice it. Also, slice zucchini and mushrooms. Cut bell pepper into small stripes. Chop the scallions: use both white and green parts.
2. Put oil into a deep pan or a pot and heat it over medium fire. Add chicken and cook for a couple of minutes until it turns white. Spice it with paprika, oregano, and some salt. When it's done, add bacon, garlic and Parmesan cheese, and cook for couple more minutes, until garlic releases its aroma. Then, add onions, scallions, peppers, zucchinis and mushrooms, stir, reduce heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes, until all the vegetables become soft and tender, and the liquid from the zucchinis and mushrooms vapors.
Add the lemon mixture into the meat and continue cooking over low heat for a few more minutes, until the liquid reduces to half and you get a thick sauce. Add some more salt and some pepper to taste and remove from fire.
I would strongly recommend that you serve this stew with cooked, unspiced rice, as it will complement the dish perfectly by moderating its spiciness.
Enjoy and bon appétit!