I wasn't really interested in that recipe until my husband asked me: "Could you make those at home?"... Well, it appeared that I can and that it's so easy! :) So, here it is - our homemade choco-banana marshmallows!
- Combine gelatin powder and 100 ml cold water. Let it rest until mixture puffs up.
- Put the remaining 200 ml of water and the sugar into a pot and cook until sugar melts completely.
- Pour the hot sugar syrup into a mixing bowl and add puffed gelatin. Mix for a few seconds using the lowest speed of the hand mixer, just until the ingredients combine. Then switch to the highest speed and mix for
10-15 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and white. It should be thick, but yet pourable.
You should use some bowl with quite high sides as it will splash all over at the beginning. :)
- After the gelatin mixture has become thick enough, add banana extract. I add 5 ml to this quantity of ingredients, but you can change it at your convenience.
Of course, you can add some other flavour instead. Use your favorite! :)
Mix for an additional 20-30 seconds so that the extract combines with the gelatin mixture.
- Grease a mold of your choice. I used a square baking pan (25x25cm). Grease it well - you don't want your marshmallows to be stuck to the mold! :) Pour the mixture into the mold, put it into the fridge and let it cool completely. Leave it to stand there for a few hours. Then cut it into pieces at your convenience.
- Melt the chocolate with the oil and deep each piece of marshmallow. Let it cool and serve.
Enjoy and bon appétit!