I prepare them quite often myself and I enjoy exploring and trying new recipes. I have hundreds of recipes so far, and I'm not planning to stop! :D
This recipe is from my godmother Ljupka, who claims she can't cook at all, but this one is absolutely fabulous! In my cookbook I have this recipe under the name "Ljupka salad" after her, a name which apparently goes both with her and the salad (one of the meanings of the word "ljupka" in Slavic languages is "irresistibly sweet") :)
And this is how you can prepare this irresistibly sweet cream salad :)
You will need:
And to follow these simple directions:
- Peel and dice the potato into tiny pieces (5x5mm app.) and then cook it until tender. You can cook the whole potato as well and then grate it. I always do it the first way as it's the faster one.
- Dice eggs, cheese and ham into equal sized pieces as potato and combine. Add mayo and sour cream and mix until fully combined. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in a fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy and bon appétit!
- You can use any type of dried or smoked meat products or delicatessen products instead of ham.
- You can use any type of white cheese (hard or soft). I personally use feta cheese most of the times.
- It would be good if you either dice either grate all of the ingredients. In that way you'll get a nice-looking and equalized mixture. If you decide to use some soft cheese, you can just press it and squash it with a fork and that would go well both with the diced and the grated version as it will work as a "binder" together with mayo and sour cream.
- You can add some yellow cheese as well (no more than 100 g). It would give this salad an extra rich taste.
- This salad, as well as most of the cream salads, is better after few hours, when all tastes have mixed up enough.