If you like goulash, you can also try the Must Be Good version of simple pork goulash, and I'm sure you will enjoy!
And this is what you will need for the Esterhazy goulash:
- Prepare the ingredients: cut beef into bite-sized pieces. Chop the onions, mince the garlic, slice the carrots.
- Put butter and oil into a big pot and heat over medium fire. Add onions and cook them, stirring often, until they are completely soft and lightly browned.
3. Now, add garlic, tomato paste and paprika and cook for a couple more minutes.
4. Add the meat, stir and season with a teaspoon of salt and some pepper to taste. Also, add cumin and marjoram. Pour in some water, enough to be nearly 3 cm above the ingredients in the pot. Once it starts boiling, reduce the fire to low and simmer for approximately 1 1/2 hours with the lid half on.
6. Whisk sour cream with 3-4 tablespoons of cold water. Then, stir it carefully into the pot with goulash.
At this point the goulash should be quite thick, but still liquid. If you think it should be even thicker, stir in 1 teaspoon of flour or cornstarch into the sour cream as well.
Doctor with some more salt and pepper, if necessary, and simmer for a couple more minutes.
Enjoy and bon appétit!