These truffles are also suitable for parties, but try not to confuse them with some sweet butter biscuits - surprisingly, they have the same aroma! :)
- 150 g crackers
- 150 g mini pretzels or salted sticks
- 5 tablespoons minced roasted peanuts
- 100 g butter (softened)
- 150 g mayonnaise
- some more minced peanuts for rolling
As you can see from the ingredients listed above, this truffles can be custom-tasted: the peanut flavor is always present, but you can enrich it by choosing cheese, pizza or sesame flavored crackers instead of the "standard" salted ones, for example.
Also note that with slight changes, this can easily become a vegan sustainable recipe.
And to make these Cracker Truffles, follow the next few steps:
- Mince crackers and pretzels, using a blender, a nut mincer, or something alike. You can also put them in a plastic bag and crush them finely by pressing with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients listed until you get a homogenized, non-sticky, dough-like mixture. The easiest and the most efficient way to do this is to knead the mixture with your hands.
If the mixture is too crumbly, add some more butter. If it's too soft, add some more minced peanuts.
- Shape the truffles and roll them into minced peanuts or minced crackers.
Store the truffles into the fridge.
Enjoy and bon appétit!