- 500 g puff pastry
- 400 g chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- 150 g button mushrooms
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (divided)
- some sesame seeds (optional)
- If you're using frozen puff pastry, let it defrost completely. Divide it into two equal pieces, 250 g each.
- Dice chicken. Bring some water to boiling, add chicken and some salt. Cook until soft and tender. Drain, spice with some pepper to taste, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of oil, mix and set aside to cool slightly. You can add some aromatic spices if you wish.
3. Slice the mushrooms. If you're using fresh ones, you'll need to cook them first. Put the remaining 1 Tbsp oil into a pan, heat it and add mushrooms. Fry them, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid they release vapors. Add some parsley, fresh and chopped or dried, if desired. Set aside and cool slightly. If, however, you decide to use pickled mushrooms, just drain and slice them. In my opinion, pickled mushrooms are a better option as they give some freshness to the filling.
5. Now, let's get back to the pastry. Roll out the first piece of pastry to approx. 5 mm thickness and place it in a baking pan covered with some parchment paper.
6. Spread the egg and cheese mixture, leaving 1-1,5 cm free on each side.
7. Sprinkle with mushrooms.
8. Spread the meat dices.
9. Roll out the second piece of puff pastry to the same thickness and cover the meat. Brush the free edges with water and seal the pie by pressing the edges with a fork, and then incise it at few spots so it can "breathe".
Serve with some yogurt, sour cream, or yogurt-based sauce.
Meanwhile, enjoy this version and bon appétit!