Bruschetta are part of our menu quite often, especially this ones, as those ingredients are almost always in our fridge.
Those bruschetta have quite a strong and pungent taste and they are ample enough to be served as main meal anytime of the day.
- approx. 200 g stale bread
- 300 g feta cheese (or other creamy white cheese)
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 100 g salami, ham, or other deli meat(optional)
1. Use a fork to mash the cheese or grate it if it's a harder one. Add some sour cream, just enough to get a soft and creamy texture, a filling that can be easily spread.
2. Add spices and chopped salami and combine. Instead of this, you can add some diced vegetables, blanched, if necessary (onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, peas, carrots...), different spices, some grated yellow cheese... anything you want.
3. Slice the bread thinly (1-1,5 cm) and generously spread some filling on each slice.
Lay the slices on a parchment paper and bake into a preheated oven at 250°C for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
I had some round loaf this time, and that's how I got those funny tiny irregularly shaped slices... :)
Enjoy and bon appétit!