After the first Macaroni Cake recipe I posted some time ago, here's another one. But this time with a totally different flavor and texture! Take a look...
And it contains some bolognese sauce, indeed. But no cheese. It has a discreet corn flavor instead. And it's prepared much faster than lasagna.
Let's now see which are the ingredients you'll need to make 4 servings:
- 200 g dried macaroni
- 250 g ground beef or pork
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 4 tablespoons polenta
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 100 g corn (optional)
- 150-200 g yellow cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
4. Put cooked macaroni and bolognese sauce in a bowl. Add polenta, breadcrumbs, oregano or basil, and whisked egg. Combine until homogenized.
I think it could be a good idea to add some cooked or canned corn here to enhance that corn flavor.
5. Put the mixture into a greased bread loaf pan (10x30cm). Top with grated yellow cheese, if you wish, and bake into a preheated oven at 200°C for approx. 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on the top.
Enjoy and bon appétit!