First of all, make sure you have bought your ticket: the necessary ingredients. :)
- 4 medium-sized pork escalopes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- approx. 1 cup flour
- approx. 1 cup bread crumbs
- 50 g yellow cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- some oil for frying
And then, follow the next few steps to get to your destination... :)
1. Use a meat tenderizer to make escalopes thinner and tenderer. Then, spice them with some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Beat eggs using a fork or a whisk, and combine with the milk. Put flour and breadcrumbs in separate plates.
3. Roll each escalope into flour, then into the eggs-milk mixture, and at the end into the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat some oil, lard or butter (4-5 Tbsp oil/2 Tbsp lard/ 3-4 Tbsp butter) and fry the escalopes for few minutes over highest temperature, until they get a brown crisp from each side. Remove the meat from the pan and arrange it into a baking pan. Make sure it's in a single layer and there is no too much space between pieces.
If you like some more standard side dishes, I would propose some mashed potatoes, cooked or unspiced baked potatoes, or maybe this unusual purée. Also, simple cooked rice will do nicely.
Enjoy and bon appétit!