We've tried this crust with two different toppings so far, and both were amazing, but this time I will share with you only the crust recipe. I'm sure you'll try it with some topping of your own, so it deserves a post for itself only. :)
And this is what you'll need to make a 35cm round pizza:
- First of all, prepare the spices. Use a mortar and a pestle to crush thyme and rosemary and make them release more of their aroma.
- Put both flours in a bowl, and stir in herbs, salt, pepper and baking powder.
I used some stone-milled cornmeal this time, and I got an extra grainy texture, but a "regular", steel-ground yellow cornmeal is also perfect.
- Combine sour cream and oil and add the flour mixture. Start kneading by gradually adding some cold water, until you get a smooth and unsticky dough. I used a bit less than 100 ml.
- Roll out the dough to a desired shape and thickness. Note that it will hardly rise.
The photo above shows the rolled out dough before topping.
- Add your favorite topping and bake.
Enjoy and bon appétit!