This apple cake is a real classic, the one that will keep you healthy, the one you'll savor with all your senses, and eventually, the one that might help you charm your doctor! :)
- Combine water, oil and sugar. Mix using a whisk or a spoon until sugar melts.
- Add grated apples, raisins and minced walnuts and combine.
You can add more or less raisins than 100 g, to taste. Also, you can add some chopped walnuts. This will give the cake an extra taste and texture.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add this mixture to the apples and combine once again until homogenized.
You can add some cinnamon if you wish, but no more than 1/2 teaspoon, so that it won't prevail over the apples.
- Pour the cake mixture into a baking pan, lightly greased if necessary. This time I used a 10x30cm loaf pan.
6. Let the cake cool for a few minutes and then take it out of the pan. It should come out easily. Let it cool completely and cut into pieces at your convenience. If you wish, you can sprinkle each piece of cake with some powdered sugar.